Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A fresh vision

God has really gotten my attention over the past week.  I am so grateful that he cares enough for me to grab my chin and turn my face towards Him and tell me a thing or two.  The everyday of life distracts me. I don't ever intend on that happening, but somehow, if I'm honest, I just flat out get distracted.  Between trying to keep the house semi-clean and cooking, and homeschooling, and making sure the baby isn't eating Legos, I get distracted.  At the beginning of last year, I was so excited about what God was doing and was plunging head first into the exciting world of missions.  We were speaking at churches and different groups, partnering with prayer warriors, and financial supporters and just being excited about the work we set out to do.  Then, life happened.  My school year started with no school funds.  There was never enough gas to get anywhere we needed to be, and absolutely nothing there to run a household.  I got distracted.  Panic set in my heart.  We paused our efforts for missions and began to look for ways to take care of our household.  God provided work and has blessed Rick while he has been there.

About three months have passed since we've spoken at a church.  Rick and I were talking about how we needed to get back to support raising so that we could get on the field.  But God, had bigger plans than that.  He has been prompting me to search my motives as to why I feel called to be a missionary.  Why is it that I want to go to a foreign land to tell people that I have never met about Jesus. Is it for a career or His glory?  Is it for me or for Him?  It would be so easy to fall into the comfortable pattern of living the American dream.  Way too easy.  That house with the white picket fence has been calling my name.  Distractions.  

This morning, during my quiet time, God took me back to the call.  I was remembering what it was that I told God the day I put my "yes" on the table.  I was surrendered and eager to do His will.  Nothing else mattered in that moment, except being obedient to my Savior.  I wasn't thinking about a specific job or location, but that He was calling.  He has had to take us both to a place of quietness and waiting. To test our motives?  To test our endurance?  Maybe so.  All I know is that all I want is to keep my "yes on the table" and seek him daily so that I don't get bogged down.  

There is no new news to tell.  God has not given us anything that we didn't know already.  He confirmed in our hearts that we need to get back to the basics; making ministry partners and focusing on getting to Costa Rica.  He will work out the details as they need to be worked out.  Wow, that takes a load off of our shoulders! Just being obedient and leaving the details to Him.   Isn't He good!  This vision isn't a new one, but it is fresh.  It is fresh because in the midst of my distractions and period of quietness, the call never changed.  It is fresh because the mercies of God are fresh every day and so the vision He gives is fresh to my soul like a soaking rain to a place that had become so dry.   I don't have to worry about who will partner with us or how we will get there.  He will take care of everything.  I don't have to worry about the job I am to do once I'm there.  Nope.  He hasn't told me that yet.  But he has told me to walk everyday in steps of obedience whether they be tiny steps or big steps.  Just take the step in faith.

We are so thankful for the ones who have been faithful in partnering with us.  You are a blessing to this ministry.  If God is leading you to partner with us now in giving monthly, then you can do so  by clicking the link at the top.  It is needful that we begin our missionary journey in language school.  We are seeking partners to help us meet our budget so that we can get to Costa Rica and begin the study of the Spanish language.  Would you prayerfully consider partnering with us?

Blessings,

Rick and Melanie Dardar

No comments:

Post a Comment